Account Executive Netherlands
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Den HaagSales
Do you want to use your commercial energy to advance solar energy in the Netherlands? Do you have experience in acquisition and enjoy doing so? Then our Account Executive position is definitely for you!
Welcome in the world of Solar Energy!
At Solar Monkey, our mission is to accelerate the transition to more solar energy. And in that, we make a lot of impact. A lot. Because we do so by providing thousands of customers with software that allows them to design, sell and monitor solar panel installations much more effectively. What used to take hours, they now do in minutes. We now operate in 3 countries, are on the eve of further international expansion with the launch of our new product: Premium Solar Service. With this new product, our (prospective) clients can promptly and qualitatively outsource their entire service requirements. Premium Solar Service is our brand new product, and you get to run that shop first.
To market our new product, commercial talent is super important. That means you! As Account Executive Netherlands, you will ensure that we sell our premium solar service initially to existing and gradually more and more to new customers. If you meet your targets, you will help Solar Monkey and our impact grow faster. You will build relationships with the market's leading solar panel installers and resellers. You go all the way so that these organizations want to outsource their entire aftercare service. Don't have those contacts yet? Then you are not afraid to open doors. You represent Solar Monkey and everything we stand for. You do this professionally, but above all with a personal touch. We are looking for a go-getter who thrives in an environment with passion, ambition and freedom. What else does that culture entail? We have done our best to describe that on our jobs page.
Your responsibilities as Account Executive Netherlands:
- Simple: achieve sales targets. You will focus on medium to larger prospects in the Netherlands. Do it in the way that works best for you, whatever works best. As long as you focus on long-term relationships that grow stronger over time. A prospect who does not become a customer today may become one in a year's time.
- Running your own shop, you will be the first one to bring our Premium Solar Service to the market.
Why would you want to work for Solar Monkey?
Of course, we are very biased! We think Solar Monkey is incredible to work for, it gives us energy and satisfaction.
- Firstly, the mission we work on: if you spend most of your time at work, it's nice if your work makes the world a little better, right?
- Next, the autonomy in work. We are very entrepreneurial and growing fast. It gives a lot of flexibility to arrange work as it works for you.
- The possibility to define a growth pad with your manager: how would you like to develop within the organization?
- We give you the chance to learn a lot within an enthusiastic, diverse and international team. As an organisation, we aim to double our turnover every year, which is quite a rollercoaster ride and an experience you don't want to miss!
- And finally: all that success we achieve benefits the whole team. You get Share Appreciation Rights at Solar Monkey which have the potential to increase significantly in value over time!
- A full time position
- An attractive salary
- Bonus scheme (currently under development)
- Share Appreciation Rights
- Available budget for personal development at 4% of gross salary
- The opportunity to work hybrid, with a budget to set up your home office
- 25 holidays excluding the national bank holidays
- A Macbook
- Yearly company trips
Who are we looking for:
- You have at least 3 years of experience within a commercial role, preferably acquisition of new business.
- You are a "likeable new business agent" who gets results in the short term, but also in the long term. You do this by building trust and understanding prospects' challenges.
- You are a good listener. Exploring and understanding customer needs. Picking up signals hidden behind words.
- You can show persistence. No matter how good the offer, 'no' is part of the sales process. For this, you must love challenge and setbacks.
- You graduated from a higher education to show that you can reason at a certain level/pace, preferably a business or commercial degree but not required.
- You have a drivers licence and like to meet people in person, you don't just sell this product online.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You live relatively close to The Hague, Netherlands and can be present at the office 1-2 days a week.