CCO - Chief Commercial Officer to conquer Europe (remote - DE)
RemoteDüsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyLeadership
Our new chief commercial officer will be someone who can lead our teams to commercial success. Be a strategic stakeholder in the boardroom and a hands-on leader within the organisation and Solar industry. Understands B2B Saas and scaling companies and is eager to make an impact.
She/He is a natural networker with personal skills that attract success. Someone who can inspire, lead and recruit high performing sales & marketing talents, but also someone who combines an analytical approach with thorough execution. A go getter, who believes in the power of diversity & innovation.
Do you have the drive to work together on our mission to accelerate solar businesses? And do you live within a 4-hour train ride from The Hague? Please, keep on reading, because we are looking for you!
We now have a commercial team of <10 people. It is your job to drive business expansion in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Germany and more countries to develop. Commercial team includes Sales, Marketing, Customer Succes, Operations & Support. The job will be to empower your team to grow and accelerate solar businesses.
We raised Series A investment in 2022 and are preparing for next rounds.
Over the years to come we will be rolling out to 2 new countries every year. Together with our C-team, you will determine which markets to enter and how they will be approached. You will travel to explore markets, build sustainable relationships with client, partners and team members.
To understand the market thoroughly, you will need to actively get involved and dive into our clients’ processes and needs. You are always on the lookout for new business opportunities. Few players know as much about the solar market as we do. We can integrate with distributors, collaborate with manufacturers or organise events with local trade organisations. There are many roads to pursue but we only have limited resources and you need to find the best focus.
First, let’s talk about the specific skills and experience. If you are our ideal candidate you:
- Care about the planet and sustainable energy transition
- Loves to scale
- Are experienced in scaling and leading diverse commercial (sales & marketing) teams. You combine a personal and inspirational approach with a no-nonsense performance driven style.
- Know how to structure a sales process fro B2B SaaS, tailor a customer journey and improve the results with a data-driven approach.
- You love to tell an inspiring story for clients, talents and other stakeholders. And can turn this stories into business (B2B Saas Marketing, employer Branding and more)
- Have the ability to thoroughly understand clients’ needs and negotiate deals in a ‘consultative selling’ style. You understands to scale departments like Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Support.
- Know how to process an abundance of information and translate this into achievable business opportunities. Therefore you use an analytical approach and have a good understanding of the drivers in a business plan.
- You are a natural networker. You attract people and know how to motivate and inspire. If needed you know how to get your foot in the door, and people love you for it.
- You are aware of cultural differences between countries and have the ability to adapt your style whenever required.
In terms of personality, as our ideal candidate:
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset. You like to be thrown in the deep, are creative and have an exceptional determination to get things done. It’s the results that matter.
- Likes the vibes of a scaling company, in which it will sometimes feel like a rollercoaster. You don’t like status or hierarchy, and are respectful to colleagues and partners. Are skilled in the board room and comfortable in operations. You won’t get a personal assistant, nor a private office. Instead, you get loads of appreciation, love and kudos ;)
- Is a good laugh, is fun to work with, colleagues wouldn’t mind to spend a week on the road with you.
- Loves to work in a high performance environment. We have a mission and we are ambitious.
- Able to travel 30-50%
- We work hybrid and believe in a healthy life balance. This jobs requires you be within a 4 hours train ride from The Hague (The Netherlands) to catch up face-2-face regularly.