RemoteNetherlands, Zuid-Holland, Den HaagEngineering
Our SaaS product is one of the leading packages in the Solar Engineering space in Europe. It is built by a team of talented engineers, eager to improve their craft in a collaborative culture of open communication. We have a target to almost double the whole team before the end of the year and are looking for an Engineering Manager to help guide the team towards achieving this.
The salary range for this position is €60-75k per year (excluding 8% holiday pay), depending on skill and experience level. Besides that we offer Stock Appreciation Rights and a 4% learning budget. You’ll get an Apple Macbook Pro (M1) to work on.
Who are we looking for?
Solar Monkey is looking for a technical leader to inspire, mentor and grow an effective team of software engineers in a fast paced environment. You have a background in software engineering and your passion for problem solving will be pivotal in helping us scale our team, processes and product. You promote high standards, leading the team by creating a challenging environment and providing the support and guidance needed to succeed.
You can live anywhere, as long as you have 6 hours of working hours overlapping with the CET (Amsterdam) timezone (without you working graveyard shifts).
- Setting clear goals with the team and driving great execution to deliver on them.
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of 6-10 engineers, a mix of junior to seniors.
- Guide the team to adopt healthy development practices in a fast-paced environment.
- Promote a supportive culture of engineering excellence.
- Assess the status and progress with a data-driven approach; finding the right metrics and putting forward initiatives to improve on them.
- Drive hiring efforts to grow our distributed engineering teams.
We do not expect you to tick all of the boxes, but to be comfortable with some and eager to develop yourself in all aspects.
- Multiple years of experience managing an engineering team.
- Experience working with remote and distributed teams.
- Experience with a modern software development lifecycle process.
- A strong technical background and ability to facilitate software design and architectural discussions.