Full Stack Engineer
RemoteNetherlands, Zuid-Holland, Den HaagEngineering
Are you an experienced eningeer, someone that likes to maintain the overview, improve the architecture, foresee the rabbitholes and help the more junior people grow? This is the position for you! Our 2 main products are composed of several services of varying complexity, and what you will work on is diverse. Some have been set up with deliberate (distributed) architectures in mind, others have grown more organically. It is important in this job to help our Product Managers to determine what is feasible to build, whilst also striving for reducing complexity and improving the stability of our services.
The envisioned salary range for this position is €62k-€80k per year (excluding 8% holiday pay), depending on experience. Besides that we offer Stock Appreciation Rights and a 4% learning budget. You’ll get an Apple Macbook Pro (M1) to work on.
Well, you have been doing this for quite a while (10+ years), in one form or another. As important as coding itself however is your attitude towards colleagues and learning. We are looking for someone who is eager to improve, not too shy to ask any type of question and who can communicate well in writing. The reason for this is that we work remotely a lot (we did quite so before corona, but now practially 100%).
You are eager to solve complex problems in a sustainable and pragmatic way. You don’t shy away from calling out possible pitfalls or infeasible plans. On the other hand you are also solution oriented, and helpful towards people who don’t understand code.
More information on who we are and what we do can be found here.
- You are highly proficient with Python or another server-side language like Go, Ruby or Java (and willing to learn Python of course).
- You have some professional experience in another programming language.
- You can design an architecture that suits the requirements of the service.
- You can clearly outline your thoughts about a technical solution in written form (and diagrams are always a bonus!)
- You actively engage with others to optimize processes and reduce bottlenecks.
- You are able to pick up new things quickly.
- You want to work 32 to 40 hours a week.
- You are able to work with a diverse group of people. You’re not a rockstar or code-ninja, you’re a human, of some form 🙂.
- You have experience with container based deployment in one cloud or another.