Sales & Account Executive New Business UK
Netherlands, Zuid-Holland, Den HaagSales
Solar Monkey is looking for a Native English speaker in The Netherlands to join our sales team in the acceleration of solar energy worldwide!
Do you want to use your commercial talent to create much more sustainable energy? Do you know how to excite even the most challenging customer with your positive attitude? And do you enjoy building long-term customer relationships? Then we are looking for you as Sales Monkey!
Welcome to the world of solar energy!
At Solar Monkey our mission is to accelerate the transition to more solar energy. And in that, we make a lot of impacts. A lot. Because we do this by providing thousands of customers with software that allows them to design, sell and monitor solar panel installations much more effectively. What used to take hours, they now do in minutes.
To sell our product, commercial talent is super important. That means you! As sales, you make sure we bring in new customers. If you meet your targets, you will help Solar Monkey and our impact to grow. There are now 350,000 quotations going through our software annually and in a few years hopefully millions! You maintain contact with the main solar panel providers in the market. Don't have those contacts yet? Then you are not afraid to open doors. You represent Solar Monkey and everything we stand for. You do this professionally, but above all with a personal touch. We are looking for a go-getter who thrives in an environment with passion, ambition, and freedom.
What else does that culture entail? We've done our best to describe that on our jobs page.
Simple: Hit sales targets. You will focus on the prospects in England and with that we expect you to bring in around €40,000 in contract value per month. There are all kinds of things that come with that, of course. Do it in a way that works best for you, whatever works best. As long as you focus on long-term relationships that grow stronger over time. A prospect that does not become a customer today may become one in a year.
You will be calling English customers from The Hague, with the chance that you will spend a week on a quarterly trip to England.
Why would you want to work for Solar Monkey?
Of course, we are very biased ;) Because we think Solar Monkey is incredibly cool to work for, it gives us energy and satisfaction.
- First, the mission we are working on: if you spend most of your time in your work, it is nice if your work makes the world a little better, right?
- Next, autonomy in the work. We are very entrepreneurial and growing fast. It gives a lot of flexibility to set up work the way it works for you.
- We give you the opportunity to learn a lot. For this, you also get a budget of 4% of your annual salary, which you are free to spend on courses and training.
- As an organization we aim to double our turnover every year, which is quite a rollercoaster ride and an experience you don't want to miss!
- And finally: all this success we achieve benefits the whole team. You will receive in addition to a salary of €3000-€4500 per month, shares (SARs) of Solar Monkey, which increase a lot in value over time.
And on top of that:
- A full-time position, 5 days a week
- An attractive salary
- A lot of flexibility and the possibility to plan your work week
- The opportunity to work hybrid, whatever is easiest for you!
- 25 vacation days
- An enthusiastic, diverse, international, and skilled team with a lot of attention to personal development
Who are you?
- You have 2+ years of experience with new business and cold calling.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-growing environment and shift gears quickly.
- You are a self-starter and proactive.
- You are outgoing and love making and maintaining new connections.
- You are result oriented and successful.
- You have the quality to be a good listener. Exploring and understanding customer needs. Picking up on signals hidden behind words.
- You have perseverance. No matter how good the offer, "no" is part of the sales process. For this, you must love challenge and adversity.
- You are Native English and you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.