Senior Python Developer
RemoteNetherlands, Zuid-Holland, Den Haag€62,000 - €96,000 per yearEngineering
We are looking for someone who is eager to solve complex problems in a sustainable and pragmatic way. You don’t shy away from calling out possible pitfalls or infeasible plans. On the other hand you are also solution oriented, and helpful towards people who don’t understand code.
As important as coding itself however, is your attitude towards colleagues and learning. We are looking for someone who is eager to improve, not too shy to ask any type of question and who can communicate well in writing. The reason for this is that we work remotely a lot (we did quite so before corona, but now practially 100%).
All teams need an experienced person to maintain the overview, improve the architecture, foresee the rabbitholes and help the more junior people grow. This is the position for such a person! Our 2 main products are composed of several services of variying complexity, and what you will work on is diverse. Some have been set up with deliberate (distributed) architectures in mind, others have grown more organically. It is important in this job to help Product Managers to determine what is feasible to build, whilst also striving for reducing complexity and improving the stability of those services.
If this interests you, Read our general introduction, if you haven't yet.
The envisioned salary range for this position is €62-96k per year (excluding 8% holiday pay), depending on experience. Besides that we offer Stock Appreciation Rights and a 4% learning budget. You’ll get an Apple Macbook Pro (M1 or M2!) to work on.
- You are highly proficient with Python or another server-side language like Go, Ruby or Java (and willing to learn Python of course).
- You have some professional experience in another programming language.
- You can design an architecture that suits the requirements of the service.
- You can clearly outline your thoughts about a technical solution in written form (and diagrams are always a bonus!)
- You actively engage with others to optimize processes and reduce bottlenecks.
- You are able to pick up new things quickly.
- You want to work 32 to 40 hours a week.
- You are able to work with a diverse group of people. You’re not a rockstar or code-ninja, you’re a human, of some form 🙂.
- You have experience with container based deployment in one cloud or another.
- You are able to work within generally the same timezone as us (GMT+1). Up to 4 hours difference is no problem!
Nice to have skills
- You might have experience with frontend development.
- You might have experience with Geographic Information Systems.